Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I've been gone....

Well, it's been a while, huh? School started last week. Which has been a little crazy, since Brandon goes to one school while the girls go to another. We kept Ashley and Isabella in the Montessori program, but moved Brandon to a traditional school. He has been having a bit of a hard time. This morning I left him in tears(I was the one in tears). And no it wasn't because I was sad to see him go. He has just been giving me a hard time. I wouldn't let him ride his bike to school, because he threw something in my face. But instead of correcting the behavior to then be able to ride his bike tomorrow, he just fought it even more. I am not sure how to get him to understand that the way he behaves once in trouble really reflects on the things he is going to get. He just doesn't seem to understand the you act "this way" you are not going to get "this privelege", no matter how many priveleges are taken away. It is just getting frustrating with him.

But on a happier note... everything else is going good! Isabella started Ballet and Tap yesterday. :) Which she absolutely loves!!! Brandon starts soccer next week. And book club starts next week, if I can get people to join. I have been sending letters to schools regarding our programs at the bookstore that I work at. And has been crazy hectic. We have so much to offer. Much more than just a book store. We run a literacy camp, tutoring, and a book drive. We have monthly parties themed from books, we offer book clubs, we offer birthday parties, and more. Lots more. And I am in charge of getting all the information out there. Let me tell you how difficult that is!!! We have a good 25 plus schools in the area. So, I have to give out and plan all this information and work in the store while I am doing it. Hmmm.

....this weekend we actually did something fun. I have Sundays off from work, so we took a Sunday drive. Besides the screaming and fighting, it was pretty nice. We drove about an hour away, I think, to Northport and a little beyond, as far as we could go before hitting Lake Michigan, and we went to the lighthouse there. When we got there, everyone was just staring out at Lake Michigan, and I soon noticed why... There was a water spout! It was so cool looking, we got there a little too late, because it had been touching down to the water. {to which Isabella said "If your car wasn't so slow we could have made it!"} I took a couple pictures, then ran to my car to get my long lens, but it was already lifting back up before i could take some better pics. But it was neat, and I remembered to bring the kids little Artist cases, so they drew the pictures of the water spouts. We got a couple postcards and drove towards home, we stopped in a little town called Sutton's Bay, and did a little window shopping and got ice cream. Then we went back home. And yesterday Ashley had to go to the doctor for strep throat. I would love to share pictures but, my digital camera died, so I have been taking pictures with my film camera, and I really need to go drop the film off. Let me see if I can find a picture.
There... a picture of my kids and woody! At some little boat thing downtown this summer!

No comments: