Saturday, June 7, 2008

What a Perfect day!



That is Bella, laying out on a PERFECT day! For me it was perfect, not incredibly hot, but the sun was out. And we had a slight breeze, which normally I don't care for, but it was nice. I was hanging laundry on the line, and she is on the blanket {still in her jammies} writing stories in her new composition book. It is now starting to rain. But I sat out all morning, finishing a book, and eating cinnamon&sugar toast for breakfast, with a cup of tea. I sat outside for lunch too, grilled cheese and pasta salad. For a little bit, I even laid on the blanket with Isabella and started {and finished} another book. Just a quick 250 or so page book of Ashley's called the Doll People. It was pretty good. I figured I would read through her books this summer, and try and encourage her to read through them too, since she won't.



Yesterday I tagged along on Brandons trip to the sand dunes. It was HOT. Almost 90 degrees, but I will not complain, since it is Northern Michigan and the weather changes quite drastically, quite quickly. Just like 2 weeks ago it was in the 50's. But I got sunburned :( It was weird, because when I put sunscreen on the kids {and not on me} I must have dribbled some on me, or wiped some on part of my arms, because I am really red, and have spots and streaks of white in weird places. Oh well. It was so much fun, and that is him {the little dot toward the middle of the screen}.


Ashley got back from her trip yesterday and even though she had fun, I don't think she would like to go back. Maybe, but I don't know. I am a horrible mom, who forgot to pack bugspray. {In my defense, I was worried about not having everything, so I just went down the list, and made sure I had everything that they said to bring, and bugspray as not on the list}. So, she came home COVERED in bug bites. And she is in sooooo much pain. She also somehow bruised her ankle, and it is swollen. So, we are trying to put her back together, and save a trip to the walk in clinic.


1 comment:

Gift of Green said...

Love the clothesline, missy! : ) Thanks for stopping by and alerting me to your blog. I look forward to catching up on your posts...and I agree, seems like a perfect day to me!