Wednesday, June 4, 2008

End of the School Year




It is soooo close to the end of the school year. The kids have two days left this week and three half days next week. It is quite busy still. But at least it is not busy lots of homework and last minute reports type of thing. Which makes me a wee bit stressed. Ashley, especially, has had an abundance of reports due in the last 2 months. You name it, she had it. Colonial America, Pioneer America, Maya, Design Your Own City, Monthly Book Reports, Michigan History, plus she had book club at school, which they did a play for, and four writing pieces...Expository, Descriptive, Narrative and one more. Just crazy busy, plus weekly homework. She realized the fruits of her labor today though, when she left on a THREE DAY field trip downstate to a camp with her class and the other two upper elementary classes. I unfortunately was unable to attend the field trip, Because my son has his field trip on Friday to the Sand Dunes, and I haven't been to as many classroom functions for him as I have for Ashley. Plus, a big deciding factor was the fact that I am going back to school this summer, and I had an exam today, that I couldn't take any other day.


A couple exciting things that have happened this week is that we had two graduation ceremonies. Isabella is transitioning from the primary to the lower elementary environment, and Brandon is transitioning from the lower elementary to the upper elementary environment.


No comments: